Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tools

She learned to use a ruler and now the world has words with meaning and length!  She enjoyed to measure and compare tools we collected from around our home.  I asked her to bring me five tools.  She returned with a sparkly sandal, a plastic cup, a napkin, a broom and a dustpan.

Today was especially productive.  She is anxious to get through her reading book and insisted on doing two lessons again today!  Her attitude makes all the difference for us.  Today she was 100% sunshine.  We are approaching the end of our first unit and have begun to talk about her research project.  I asked her to think about which animal she would like to learn more about.  She loves animals.  I know it will take her a few days to decide.  In the mean time, I suggested I help her write another story in her Habitat book as a practice.  She liked that idea and wants to come up with a story about a zebra who wanders into the wrong habitat - should be interesting.  Hopefully, we will get started on that tomorrow.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment