Sunday, September 11, 2011

Getting to Work

Tomorrow begins our first full week of homeschooling and Alexandra couldn't be more anxious.  I cherish her genuine enthusiasm.  Monday we will begin, joined by another homeschooled kinder-gardener who lives nearby.  Together, we will start on our critical thinking curriculum which is mainly puzzles designed to train their little minds in the art of figuring things out.  I look forward to giving her these higher order thinking skills and she loves puzzles so no problem there.  The remainder of the time, I thought I would let them choose from several games I though up, including practicing writing numbers with fingerpaint, measuring/counting ingredients for snack-time cookies, etc... on second thought, maybe I will let them choose one each - who says no to cookies.

I will be back from dropping the boys around 9 and need to leave to pick them up at 1... plenty of time.  I may need more plans...Perhaps we can do some physical education and work in some swimming.  It's simply too steamy for me to supervise much else!

No comments:

Post a Comment